Vitamin C may well be our favourite vitamin, especially when it comes to immune health. Here are some of the many ways in which vitamin C contributes to the optimal functioning of the immune system:
- By stimulating the production of white blood cells, which are crucial for fighting off infections
- By supporting the skin (epithelial cell) as a barrier, preventing pathogens from entering the body
- By protecting against environmental oxidising stress by boosting antioxidant activity in the skin
- By promoting apoptosis or programmed cell death and clearing of all neutralised pathogens preventing tissue damage
So if you're looking for a vitamin boost with a bit of a kick, why not try our 'Spice-C' drink?
- 2 handful kale
- ½ fresh red chilli (depending on preference!)
- 1 diced mango
- 1 large handful of fresh/frozen pineapple
- 1 big squeeze of lime
- 1 cup of chilled water
Kale is obviously packed with vitamins and nutrients, including vitamin A, vitamin K, vitamin C, vitamin, B6 manganese, calcium, copper, potassium, magnesium, but if you're want even more vitamins, why not try adding a sachet of our high dose immunity drink? The Spice-C drink works fantastically with our Lemon & Honey vitamin drink!