We love vegetables for their vitamin content and honey for its many health properties; so why not combine them! These honey-glazed carrots & parsnips are definitely one of Team Tonic's favourite dishes, and not just at Christmas!
Recipe for Honey-Glazed Carrots & Parsnips
- 250g parsnips
- 250g carrots
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 3 tbsp butter
- Peel and cut off the tops and bottoms of the parsnips and carrots, cutting any larger ones in half lengthways.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil, add the carrots and parsnips, and cook until tender (around 5-10mins) before draining.
- Heat the oven to 190C/170C fan/ gas 5.
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp flour and 2 tbsp honey over the carrots and parsnips and toss to coat
- Place the parsnips in a roasting tin with the oil and butter
- Roast for 40 mins, turning halfway, until golden
Did you know?
- Carrots come in all sorts of colours, including purple and white. Orange carrots are thought to have been bred specially by Dutch agriculturalists in honour of the Dutch Royal Family, the House of Orange-Nassau.
- Parsnips are a fantastic source of vitamins, minerals, and nutrients, containing fibre, potassium, calcium, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, sodium, zinc, several of the B-group vitamins, vitamin C, vitamin E AND vitamin K!