Next up on the menu of Tonic's 7 Days of Christmas Immunity Recipes is a Christmas dinner essential: cranberry sauce! This time we've added our all-time favourite berry to maximise the antioxidant content of this side-dish.
Recipe for Tonic's Cranberry-Elderberry Sauce
- 100g light brown sugar
- 100ml fresh orange juice
- 1 sachet of Tonic Elderberry & Blackcurrant
- 125g fresh or frozen cranberries
- 125g fresh or frozen elderberries
- Bring the sugar and orange juice to the boil in a large saucepan. Add the contents of the Tonic sachet and stir in the cranberries and elderberries and simmer for 5 minutes or until just tender; frozen berries will take longer than fresh.
- Place in the fridge until one hour before serving; the sauce will thicken as it cools
Did You Know?
- Hippocrates, the “Father of Medicine,” called the elder tree his “medicine chest”
- Elderberries have been found to reduce the length and severity of cold and flu symptoms, which is why you’ll find them in our high-dose immunity drinks!