Sign up for our weekly health tips, free guides and more
VEGANUARY FOR IMMUNITY: VEGAN TOFU & PEANUT STIR-FRY
by Dara Winters
Next up on our Veganuary for immunity menu is this mouth watering tofu and peanut stir fry. Not only is it packed with flavour but it contains so many immune loving ingredients such as chilli, ginger, onions and garlic. Not to mention is has 3 servings of vegetables! 😍
VEGAN PEANUT STIR-FRY
150g firm tofu, cut into chunks
4 garlic cloves, crushed
1 thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger, grated
1 small red chilli, finely sliced
300g pack straight-to-wok medium noodles
150g green beans
5 spring onions, finely chopped
100g pak choi
Handful of chopped coriander, to garnish
1 tbsp chopped peanuts, to garnish
2 Tbsp Olive oil for cooking
3 tbsp sesame oil
3 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp maple syrup or agave
1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
3 tbsp peanut butter (smooth)
100 ml of hot water
1. Mix all the sauce ingredients together until it is all incorporated. Put the peanut butter in the microwave for 10-15 seconds if having trouble mixing.
2. In a wok add the olive oil on a medium to high heat and wait for 2 mins until pan is hot. Add the chunks of tofu and cook for around 5 mins until slightly golden. Add garlic, ginger and chilli and stir fry for around 2mins.
3. Add the mangetout, green beans, and spring onion but leave a handful of spring onion for garnish and cook for around 3-4mins. Then add the pak choi and cook for another 2 mins.
4. The add the noodles and pour the sauce so the noodles are nice an evenly coated. Stir fry until noodles are cooked and the sauce is evenly coated.
5. Serve in either bowls or on plates and sprinkling the remaining spring onions and chopped peanut on top as a garnish.
Try our new and improved Boost immunity drinks! Stress, travel, injuries, late nights & early mornings mean that sometimes we all need a boost! A healthier immune system means faster recovery - so you can...